About the Position
Field of Specialization: Business Analytics
Academic Unit: Sprott School of Business
Category of Appointment: Preliminary (Tenure-Track)
Rank/Position Title: Professorial Ranks
Start Date: July 1, 2023
Closing Date: Complete applications will be accepted until the position is filled, applications to begin being reviewed as of December 15, 2022.
The Sprott School of Business at Carleton University invites applications from qualified candidates for an appointment in Business Analytics at the rank of Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor level beginning July 1, 2023.
The Faculty seeks an academic specializing in Business Analytics. The ideal candidate will have evidence of potential (Assistant Professor) or have a strong record of research publications and productivity (Associate/Full Professor) consistent with AACSB guidelines for a doctoral-granting business school.
The candidate’s expertise may span the areas of AI, ML, data analytics, and/or data visualization, amongst others, with applications in various business functional areas such as marketing, supply chain, information systems, or other related areas.
The ideal candidate would have a research program in the design and use of state-of-the-art analytics methodologies in business problem solving and/or decision making, and demonstrable experience in acquiring and processing datasets that have clear business relevance.
The successful applicant should possess:
- A PhD in business/management or in related areas, including Computer Science, Engineering, among others. All applicants must demonstrate the relevance of both their research and teaching as it pertains to applications of analytics in business decision making. Candidates who are ABD are expected to have completed all PhD requirements by July 1, 2023.
- Appropriate to stage of career, high-quality research, or research potential, with a focus on the design and use of state-of-the-art analytics methodologies in business applications for problem solving and/or decision making, and demonstrable experience in acquiring and processing datasets that have clear business impact.
- Appropriate to stage of career, a record of high-quality teaching and supervision in Business Data Analytics Methods.
- Commitment to continuing improvement and excellence in teaching.
- Appropriate to stage of career, capacity to attract external research funding.
Please send your application by email in one single PDF document to email@example.com. including;
- a covering letter elaborating on your qualifications and skills per the qualifications listed above,
- brief statements on current/future research and on teaching philosophy.
- a record of recent (last 5 years) teaching experience and effectiveness (if applicable),
- a sample of a recent research publication or working paper
Please provide a statement that identifies your strengths in advancing equity, diversity, and inclusion in your discipline and on campus as well as your future plans.
Please indicate in your application if you are currently legally eligible to work in Canada.
Three letters of reference should be sent directly by the referees to firstname.lastname@example.org and be received as soon as possible.
About the Academic Unit
Accredited by AACSB, Sprott School of Business is a full-service business faculty comprising multiple degree programs from undergraduate, professional graduate and graduate research programs. The School is recognized as a research-intensive faculty with world-leading researchers in many different areas and has strong and growing interactions with a rich community of industries, government organizations, and other organizations located in Canada’s National Capital region. For more information, please visit: https://sprott.carleton.ca
About Carleton University
Located in Ottawa, Carleton is an innovative teaching and research institution with a tradition of leading change. Internationally recognized academics, staff, and researchers engage more than 31,000 students in over 100 programs of study. Carleton has long been known for promoting research excellence and connectedness and is involved in partnerships around the globe. With strong leadership, it enjoys a healthy financial position and our proximity to government and cultural institutions, media, and a thriving knowledge economy make Carleton and Ottawa a great place to work, learn, and live. Our picturesque campus is fully accessible and, along with award-winning student services, Carleton’s Paul Menton Centre for Students with Disabilities has been heralded as the gold standard for disability support services in Canada. Learn more about our university and the city of Ottawa.
Carleton University is committed to fostering diversity within its community as a source of excellence, cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our university including, but not limited to: women; visible minorities; First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples; persons with disabilities; and persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression. Furthermore, Carleton understands that career paths vary and interruptions will not prejudice the assessment process. We invite you to review our revitalized Indigenous strategy, Kinàmàgawin and visit our Department of Equity and Inclusive Communities for information about our commitment to leadership in the areas of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Accessibility is a university strategic priority and applicants selected for an interview who require accommodations are invited to contact the Chair as soon as possible to ensure that appropriate arrangements may be made.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. All positions are subject to budgetary approval.