About the Position
- Formal Award Name: Fulbright Canada Distinguished Chair in Arts and Social Sciences in Canada and North America
- Award Benefit: US$50,000 for the academic year
- Host Department/Group: Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (https://carleton.ca/fass/our-programs/departments)
- Faculty/Research clusters: https://carleton.ca/fass/research
How to Apply
Please apply directly through the Fulbright Canada website: https://www.fulbright.ca/programs/american-scolars/how-to-apply.html.
- Advise and/or mentor students
- Assist in faculty, curriculum, and/or program development
- Conduct a research project designated by the host institution
- Conduct a research project of the applicant’s choosing
- Conduct a professional and/or artistic project
FASS is home to 17 Academic Units as well as the Carleton University Art Gallery (http://cuag.ca/) and the Carleton Dominion Chalmers Centre for Arts, Performance and Learning (https://carleton.ca/cdcc/). Multiple funding agencies such as granting councils, government agencies at all levels, foundations and international development offices support our vibrant scholarly community. Examples of on-going disciplinary and interdisciplinary research, community engagement and experiential learning at the undergraduate and graduate levels include forensic psychology, endangered language conservation, post-colonial Africa, Indigenous studies, human rights and equity, environmental sciences, cognitive science, and critical disability studies.
Carleton University’s proximity to Canada’s Parliament Buildings, federal agencies, national museums and archives, and embassies provides unparalleled opportunities for collaborative research.
This Chair will be an accomplished scholar with expertise that aligns with research interests in FASS and will be hosted in a FASS Unit. The Chair will contribute to on-going research within FASS, lead research seminars, mentor students and enhance networks that will facilitate research collaborations extending beyond the period of the Fulbright Chair. Applicants should indicate the FASS Unit(s) that most closely align with their research interests.
Open to scholars working on any research topic relevant to the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.
- Information Contact for applicants: Carol Payne, Associate Dean (Research and International), email@example.com.
- For more information about Ottawa and Carleton University, please contact: Norah Vollmer, Manager, Faculty Affairs, Office of the Deputy Provost (Academic Operations and Planning) at firstname.lastname@example.org.