About the Position
- Field of Specialization: Finance – REPOSTED
- Academic Unit: Sprott School of Business
- Category of Appointment: Confirmation Track Instructor
- Rank/Position Title: Instructor I/II/III
- Start Date: July 1, 2023
- Closing Date: Complete applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Review of applications will begin on April 1st, 2023.
The Sprott School of Business at Carleton University invites applications from qualified candidates for an appointment in Finance at the rank of Instructor I/II/III level beginning July 1, 2023.
The School seeks an instructor specializing in Finance. The successful candidate will have, appropriate to stage of career, a demonstrated record of teaching excellence at the post-secondary level and excel at teaching finance to a diverse student body. In addition, the successful candidate will have demonstrable skills in analyzing financial data using Python and/or R. Applicants should have a graduate degree in Finance or related fields. Preference will be given to candidates with PhD degrees in Finance or a related field and professional experience within the finance industry. Teaching experience at an AACSB accredited Business School will be an asset.
The successful applicant should possess:
- CFA® charter OR passed all three CFA Program examinations.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Finance or a related field (PhD in Finance or related field is an asset).
- Demonstrable skills in data analysis (such as knowledge of Python and/or R).
- Demonstrated potential or aptitude for teaching Finance at the graduate level.
- Commitment to continuing improvement and excellence in teaching.
- At least five (5) years of professional (including teaching) experience in Finance OR PhD in Finance or related field awarded in the last five (5) years.
Please send your application by email in one single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application should include:
- a covering letter elaborating on your qualifications and skills per the qualifications listed above,
- your C.V.,
- a brief statement on teaching philosophy,
- a record of recent (last 3 years) teaching experience and effectiveness (if applicable),
- three references.
Please indicate in your application if you are currently legally eligible to work in Canada.
Please provide a statement that identifies your strengths in advancing equity, diversity, and inclusion in Finance or your discipline and on campus, as well as your future plans.
Three letters of reference should be sent directly by the referees to email@example.com and be received as soon as possible.
About the Academic Unit
Accredited by AACSB, Sprott School of Business is a full-service business faculty comprising multiple degree programs from undergraduate, professional graduate and graduate research programs. The School is recognized as a research-intensive faculty with world-leading researchers in many different areas and has strong and growing interactions with a rich community of industries, government
organizations, and other organizations located in Canada’s National Capital region. For more information, please visit: https://sprott.carleton.ca
About Carleton University
Located in Ottawa, Carleton is an innovative teaching and research institution with a tradition of leading change. Internationally recognized academics, staff, and researchers engage more than 31,000 students in over 100 programs of study. Carleton has long been known for promoting research excellence and connectedness and is involved in partnerships around the globe. With strong leadership, it enjoys a healthy financial position and our proximity to government and cultural institutions, media, and a thriving knowledge economy make Carleton and Ottawa a great place to work, learn, and live. Our picturesque campus is fully accessible and, along with award-winning student services, Carleton’s Paul Menton Centre for Students with Disabilities has been heralded as the gold standard for disability support services in Canada. Learn more about our university and the city of Ottawa.
Carleton University is committed to fostering diversity within its community as a source of excellence, cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our university including, but not limited to: women; visible minorities; First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples; persons with disabilities; and persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression. Furthermore, Carleton understands that career paths vary and interruptions will not prejudice the assessment process. We invite you to review our revitalized Indigenous strategy, Kinàmàgawin and visit our Department of Equity and Inclusive Communities for information about our commitment to leadership in the areas of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Accessibility is a university strategic priority and applicants selected for an interview who require accommodations are invited to contact the Chair as soon as possible to ensure that appropriate arrangements may be made.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. All positions are subject to budgetary approval.