Once an I-CUREUS grant has been awarded, there are several forms to fill out.  You will be provided with these forms – alternatively they are posted below, with some explanations on how to fill them out.


In order to pay your I-CUREUS student, you must complete the following documents
a) a Payroll Profile – To be submitted to the Payroll Office.

b) Fund Transfer Agreement –  This is an agreement between the Office of the Provost and the supervising faculty member, to be completed and  submitted to the Discovery Centre.

  • The agreement represents the faculty member’s agreement to act as the student’s supervisor in accordance with the I-CUREUS award, including payment of half the student’s earnings from another existing research account.
  • Although I-CUREUS matches research funds such as NSERC and SSHRC,  the money itself cannot be transferred to these external accounts. Instead, any general research account that is controlled by the supervisor (not by their department) can be used (i.e. a fund starting with 18).

c) an Hourly Pay Submission Form 

  • Some students choose to get paid on a regular basis; other students choose to receive one lump sum at the end of the term
  • Please note that the deadlines for these forms are the 1st and the 15th of the month.
  • The payment should be initiated from the fund named in the Fund Transfer Agreement.
  • If you require any assistance, you may contact your academic unit’s Departmental Administrator, Research Accounting or Payroll.


In order to begin an I-CUREUS internship, the student must complete and return to the Discovery Centre:

Student Consent 2018-2019

In order to be receive  payment of an I-CUREUS award, the student must be registered as an employee.

New Employees

If a student is being paid for the first time as a Carleton University employee, they need to visit Human Resources (507 Robertson Hall) to fill out the necessary forms.

They need to bring:
a) a blank cheque or a Direct Deposit Authorization Form (available from their bank) and
b) their Social Insurance Number (SIN) card and
c) Identification to prove date of birth.

More information : New Employees

International Students

International students should check with Human Resources as to exactly what documents they need to bring: Human Resources
507 Robertson Hall
(613) 520-3634