Carleton students are truly global citizens, linking local ideas to global solutions! From international experiences you can learn more about your world and how to make it a better place. The Discovery Centre encourages international experiences and provide potential funding opportunities to those interested in learning abroad!
International Experiences at a Glance
- What do I gain from International Experiences?
- How can I get involved in International Experiences?
- Funding Opportunities
- For Faculty
- Testimonials from students
Here are a few opportunities you can gain from taking part in an international experience:
- Explore and travel in a new country
- Develop or learn a language
- Establish new relationships
- Study in a different academic setting
At Carleton there are many opportunities to take part in an international experience. Below are a few of our suggestions:
- Exchange Opportunities Built into Courses
- Some Carleton programs offer exchanges that allow you to complete part of your studies abroad. One example is African Studies Abroad.
- Study Abroad
- Consider one of Carleton’s 170+ exchange agreements in more than 35 countries. Please read through these steps to see what you need to do for an exchange!
- International Experiences on Campus: Join a Club or Society
Alfred & Isabel Bader Student Travel Award
This award aims to support students from all undergraduate faculties who are interested in participating in exchange, present papers and posters abroad, or other research travel relevant to their studies. The call for applications will go out twice annually ahead of the fall and winter terms. All funds are granted through the Awards Office. (Application Form)
As faculty you can promote or even take part in some of the international experience opportunities with your students to show them how they can enhance their university experience. Visit the ISSO website for more information on how to get involved, and for a list of ISSO events and programs.
Have your students consider one of Carleton’s 175 exchange agreements in more than 35 countries. Deadlines for applications are in early December so the Fall term is a great time to get them thinking about this option. Visit the International Student Services Office website for more information on exchange opportunities.
See more stories and testimonials here.