- What's the application process for this opportunity?
Please note that students need a professor’s support to apply. They will be your supervisor throughout the process.
- Prepare an abstract for your research using the NCUR guidelines.
- Apply to the Discovery Centre before the submission deadline.
- Do not apply directly to NCUR at this time. There is no guarantee you will be sponsored by the Discover Centre, and any costs will be entirely up to the applicants to cover.
- If selected by the Discovery Centre, you may then apply to NCUR
- How do I apply for the Discovery Centre sponsorship?
To apply for the Discovery Centre sponsorship, you must submit this form before the deadline. Once a decisions has been made, students who are selected to receive a sponsorship will be notified.
- What are the NCUR abstract guidelines?
- Clearly state the central research question and/or purpose of the project
- Provide brief, relevant scholarly or research context that demonstrate its attempt to make a unique contribution to the area of inquiry
- Provide a brief description of the research methodology
- State conclusions or expected results and the context in which they will be discussed
- Be well-written and well-organized
Use plain text, as special characters will not be processed through the form
Not exceed a maximum length of 300 words
More in-depth details about the abstract guidelines can be found here
- Am I eligible to travel to the US?
Please note it is the student’s responsibility to obtain appropriate and correct documentation in order to travel to the U.S. The Discovery Centre will not cover any cost or reimbursement with regards to obtaining these documents.