The Gaming Lab is equipped with two 3-D capable gaming computers and multiple gaming consoles. The room also houses a 3-D Printer administered by Discovery Centre staff.
For a fully keyboard-accessible alternative for this video, view it in Chrome, any Android or iOS device, in Firefox with the YouTube ALL HTML5 add-on installed, or disable Flash in Internet Explorer.
Bookings for the Gaming Lab must be made 24 hours in advance.
For the 2018/19 academic year, the gaming lab will be open for walk-in use on Wednesdays and Fridays, from 1:30 – 4 pm.
For safety reasons, there is a limit on the amount of people allowed in the lab. Due to the limit, admittance will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
*Please note the Gaming Lab is used for electronic games. It is not used for board games. It is also not a study space.
Gaming Laboratory Guidelines
- A maximum of four patrons per console is allowed.
- If volume reaches unreasonable levels, patrons may be asked to leave
- The maximum usage time of the Lab is 2 hours per group
- Please refrain from eating in the Lab, covered drinks are permitted
- Bookings for the Gaming Lab must be made 24 hours in advance; Note: receiving confirmation of your booking, not only of your request for a booking, is required for use of the room.
- Gaming lab is available to booked users from 9am – 4:30pm, Monday-Friday
Resources for Gaming
The Gaming Lab in the Discovery Centre is equipped with two 3-D capable gaming stations. Each gaming station has different features.
Resources for 3-D printing
- Two Makerbot Replicator 3-D printers
More information about 3-D printing in the Discovery Centre is available here.
The Discovery Centre encourages you to familiarize yourself with the technology prior to use so that your event can run smoothly.
For further instructions on how to use this space, please see the “Instructions for the Use of the Gaming Lab” on the side of the main computer console. As the Gaming Lab is unique within MacOdrum Library, the Discovery Centre welcomes inquiries, technical questions, and suggestions. Please direct these queries in an email to email@example.com.
The two gaming stations within the Gaming Lab can be booked for group use. Please find booking instructions at the Enterprise Booking Portal. This room requires an approval confirmation email to your usage request.