The Gaming Lab is equipped with two 3-D capable gaming computers and multiple gaming consoles. The room also houses two 3-D Printers administered by Discovery Centre staff.
For a fully keyboard-accessible alternative for this video, either view it in Chrome or any Android or iOS device, view it in Firefox with the YouTube ALL HTML5 add-on installed, or disable Flash in Internet Explorer.
Gaming Labratory Guidelines
- A maximum of four patrons per console is allowed.
- If volume reaches unreasonable levels, patrons may be asked to leave
- The maximum usage time of the Lab is 1.5 hours per group
- Please refrain from eating in the Lab, covered drinks are permitted
- Booking 24-hrs in advance of the users preferred time is appreciated; Note: receiving confirmation of your booking, not only of your request for a booking, is required for use of the room.
- Gaming lab is available to booked users from 9am – 5pm, Mo-Fri
Resources for Gaming
The Gaming Lab in the Discovery Centre is equipped with two 3-D capable gaming stations. Each gaming station has different features.
Resources for 3-D printing
- Two Makerbot Replicator 3-D printers
- Makerbot Digitizer 3-D scanner
More information about 3-D printing is available here.
The Discovery Centre encourages you to familiarize yourself with the technology prior to use so that your event can run smoothly.
For further instructions on how to use this space, please see the “Instructions for the Use of the Gaming Lab” on the side of the main computer console. As the Gaming Lab is unique within MacOdrum Library, the Discovery Centre welcomes inquiries, technical questions, and suggestions. Please direct these queries in an email to email@example.com.
The two gaming stations within the Gaming Lab can be booked for group use. Please find booking instructions at the Enterprise Booking Portal. This room requires an approval confirmation email to your usage request.