The Gaming Lab is equipped with two 3-D capable gaming computers and multiple gaming consoles. The room also houses a couple of 3-D Printers administered by Discovery Centre staff.
Bookings for the Gaming Lab must be made 24 hours in advance.
|Gaming Lab Guidelines||Gaming Stations|
|3-D Printing||Further Inquiries|
For the 2018/19 academic year, the gaming lab will be open for walk-in use on Wednesdays and Fridays, from 1:30 – 4 pm.
- For safety reasons, there is a limit on the amount of people allowed in the lab. Due to the limit, admittance will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
** Please note the Gaming Lab is used for electronic games. It is not used for board games. It is also not a study space.**
- A maximum of four patrons per console is allowed.
- If volume reaches unreasonable levels, patrons may be asked to leave
- The maximum usage time of the Lab is 2 hours per group
- Please refrain from eating in the Lab, covered drinks are permitted
- Bookings for the Gaming Lab must be made 24 hours in advance; Note: receiving confirmation of your booking, not only of your request for a booking, is required for use of the room.
- Gaming lab is available to booked users from 9am – 4:30pm, Monday-Friday
The Gaming Lab in the Discovery Centre is equipped with two gaming stations. You can borrow games from the Library’s Collection. Each gaming station has different features—check each link to find out more. Please note that the VR games and goggles are only available for Station 2.
For further instructions on how to use this space, please see the “Instructions for the Use of the Gaming Lab” on the side of the main computer console. As the Gaming Lab is unique within MacOdrum Library, the Discovery Centre welcomes inquiries, technical questions, and suggestions. Please direct these queries in an email to email@example.com.
The two gaming stations within the Gaming Lab can be booked for group use. Please find booking instructions at the Enterprise Booking Portal. This room requires an approval confirmation email to your usage request.