**CANCELLED** Accessible Learning
May 2, 2018 at 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
|Location:||422 Dunton Tower|
Facilitator: Boris Vukovic (Paul Menton Centre)
Accessible Learning is about inclusive and accessible learning environments for students with disabilities and other learners who experience barriers in higher education. This workshop ensures that Carleton faculty, instructors, lab coordinators and teaching assistants meet the educator training requirement under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Some of the topics include:
- Barriers to learning in post-secondary education
- Accommodations vs. accessibility
- Introduction to Universal Design for Learning
- Benefits of inclusive instructional design for all students
- Experiences from Carleton students and faculty
The workshop is presented by Dr. Boris Vukovic, a Disabilities Specialist at the Paul Menton Centre, whose doctoral research at McGill University focused on faculty attitudes and practices in inclusive postsecondary instruction, and with undergraduate and graduate teaching experience.
Space is limited, so please register in advance by filling out the form below.