Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
Active Engagement: Success in the Classroom and Beyond
May 10, 2016 at 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM
|Location:||Atrium and conference rooms Richcraft Hall|
Discover how to create educational experiences that not only promote, but foster active engagement at our upcoming teaching and learning symposium.
Carleton instructors, students and staff will share their teaching and learning experiences and showcase their inspiring projects.
The event will also feature a special anchor presentation by Cynthia Cruickshank, Jeffrey Erochko, John Gaydos, Glenn McRae, Craig Merrett and Liam O’Brien from the Faculty of Engineering and Design entitled High Performance Building Design: An Interdisciplinary Capstone Project.
Throughout the day, there will be a number of workshops, presentations and posters that center around the themes of pedagogy/technology and spaces, experiential learning, student engagement, and career and skills, including:
- Threshold Concepts for Teaching Information Literacy in the Classroom
- Experiential Education: Identifying Gaps and Building Capacity
- “She Speaks, We Speak”: Giving Voice to Indigenous Women through cuPortfolio
- Seeing Education in 3D: A Multidimensional Student Outcomes Framework
- Gin! Playing Cards to Engage Undergrads in Finding Academic Sources
For a full list of presentations and workshops, browse through the full agenda here.
This event is open to all instructors, TAs, students and staff. Please register in advance by filling out the form below.