Brightspace Assignments and Rubrics
April 15, 2021 at 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM
The Brightspace Assignment tool allows you to receive submissions in various formats (files, video, audio) from students and manage the grading of this work. Brightspace offers a variety of options for managing submissions, including setting start and end dates, identifying release conditions, and using grading annotations.
Rubrics are a powerful teaching and assessment tool and can built into Brightspace assignments to facilitate efficient and effective grading. They can be immensely useful for communicating assignment expectations to students and for providing grading guidance for teaching assistants.
This online session will give you the opportunity to explore different types of Brightspace Assignments settings, submissions and grading workflows. You will also learn how to set up a Brightspace rubric and apply it to assignments and other graded activities.
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Identify the benefits and challenges of using Brightspace assignments
- Create assignments in Brightspace
- Link assignments to the gradebook
- Identify feedback strategies using Brightspace assignments
- Recognize effective rubric design characteristics
- Create rubrics in Brightspace
Space is limited. Please register in advance by filling out the form below.