Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
Brightspace Basics: Getting Started in Carleton’s New LMS!
March 3, 2021 at 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM
Brightspace is a powerful digital system that supports teaching and learning, with lots of exciting features and tools. Come join us as we take you on a tour of the interface and all that Brightspace can do to engage your students! We’ll explore the basics of course setup tasks to help you feel more comfortable and confident building your courses. We’ll answer your questions and give you all you need to get started–whether you intend to use your cuLearn content or to start fresh.
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Navigate Brightspace and setup your notifications
- Post a welcome announcement for your students or send a welcome email
- Add instructor contact information and customize your course homepage
- Add course resources, such as a course outline and external URL links
- Add learning activities, such as discussion forums/assignments/quizzes
- Add a TA or co-teacher
- Set up your gradebook and grade columns (depending on available time)
- Find additional resources, training and supports for Brightspace
This live, online session is intended for beginners who are new to Brightspace and ready to build their first course. The session will be hosted in Zoom and will be recorded to provide asynchronous access to the demonstrations. We look for ward to showing you Carleton’s new learning environment!
Space is limited. Please register in advance by filling out the form below.