June 22, 2021 at 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM
The Discussion tool in Brightspace allows students to question, clarify, experiment, prepare, present and polish their scholarly and collaborative inquiries in an asynchronous online format. This workshop is designed to show you how to get the most out of online discussions and build classroom community doing so. We will give you examples of the types of discussions for different purposes, guide you through the setup, and help you plan the facilitation.
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Setup course discussions for various purposes
- Build student learning communities using discussions
- Use discussions meaningfully for graded and ungraded assessment activities
- Create effective discussion prompts and elicit meaningful peer feedback
- Design group discussions and activities
Space is limited. Please register in advance by filling out the form below.