Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
Capture – An Introduction to Video Recording and Using Carleton’s Mediaserver
August 12, 2020 at 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM
Facilitators: Ryan Kuhne (EDC), Frank Heney (EDC), Tracy Hodgson-Drysdale (EDC)
Whether you want to record a PowerPoint presentation, show your students how to use an application, use a document camera or tablet to solve problems, flip your classroom or explore a more blended approach to your course, Capture has you covered.
Capture is a screen recording solution that helps facilitate the growing need for lecture and screen capture for both Mac and PC users. It’s free to the university community to install on your computer and is already installed in every classroom on campus.
This workshop will explore:
- The different types of possible screen recordings and live camera recordings for class use
- How to install the software and make a recording on your computer
- How to host videos on Carleton Mediaserver MediaSapce
- Different ways of integrating videos into your cuLearn course
- Best practices and tips for getting the best recording
NOTE: This session is held online.
The support site for Capture can be found here: https://carleton.ca/capture/
A prerecorded video of the workshop along with the session notes can be found on the same site at https://carleton.ca/capture/workshop-2/
Space is limited. Please register by filling out the form below.