Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
Creating Student Engagement with Online Quizzing
July 9, 2020 at 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM
Facilitators: Mat Schatkowsky (EDC), Yuan Chen (EDC)
Online quizzing can be an effective and motivating tool for students taking online courses. Join our team to discuss strategies and options for creating online quizzes including:
- Creating large banks of questions for online quizzes and have each student get a random sample of these questions
- Scrambling answers on multiple choice questions. This works well as long as there is no choice for the questions that is “all of the above”
- Limiting the number of questions that appear on each screen to 1 or 2
- Keeping the timeframe for having access to the test reasonable, but short
- Keeping the amount of time for actually interacting with the test as short as is reasonable (e.g., one minute for each multiple choice question)
- Using delayed feedback so that students can see the score they have achieved only after the test is over for everybody in the class
- Make smaller frequent, formative assessments
Space is limited. Please register in advance by filling out the form below.