Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
Designing Learning Experiences from Scratch
August 18, 2020 at 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Facilitator: Maristela Petrovic-Dzerdz (EDC), Alaba Agbatogun (EDC)
When we begin designing a learning experience, sometimes we are uncertain how to start and the task quickly appears to be a more complex challenge then we anticipated. In this workshop, we will introduce you to a teaching framework and pedagogical strategies aimed at helping you design a learning module from scratch.
This workshop will be fully online, and will consist of three parts:
- Part 1 (18 minutes): Watch this video where we introduce the concepts. It will also give you an idea what the workshop is about, so that you can make a decision if you would like to sign up for it!
- Part 2 & 3 (120 minutes): Online webinar-style session. In Part 2 (60 minutes), you will work in groups on designing a small learning module and developing concepts introduced in Part 1, with facilitator help. In Part 3 (60 minutes), each group will present their module design, and join a discussion.
At the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of alignment among learning outcomes, assessments, rubrics and activities
- Write simple examples of learning pre-requisites, learning outcomes, teaching strategies and simple rubrics
- Begin designing student-centered learning experiences
This workshop is part of Course Design Fundamentals, offered by TLS. Participants who complete five workshops and a guided reflection of the experience will receive a letter of completion to include in their teaching dossier.
Space is limited. Please register in advance by filling out the form below.