Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
Encourage students to read thoughtfully with Perusall
December 3, 2020 at 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM
Facilitator: Véronic Bézaire (Chemistry), Heather MacDonald (Library)
Are your students coming to class without completing preparatory readings? If so, join us as we share our experience with Perusall in a 4000-level science course. Perusall, a collaborative annotation tool, turns reading into a dynamic exercise that is perfectly suited for interactive asynchronous learning activities. In this session, participants will:
- Recognize the power of Perusall in engaging students with reading material
- Experiment with collaborative annotation of a reading in a student role
- Create a Perusall site with a reading list and grading parameters for your course
Participation in this session will require completion of a pre-workshop task.
Space is limited. Please register in advance by filling out the form below.
Missed the original workshop? No problem! Below you can find links to the video recording, as well as other resources:
- The Recording
- The Presentation Slides and Breakout Room Brainstorming
- Some relevant links and email contacts:
Note: Perusall is an instructor recommended tool that Carleton is currently evaluating. There have been intellectual property and privacy risks identified with this tool that must be reconciled before the University supports and endorses Perusall.