Engage Students, Save Time: Successful Integration of the cuLearn Online Course Template
July 29, 2020 at 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM
Facilitators: Justyna Szluinska (EDC), Alaba Agbatogun (EDC)
The cuLearn Course Template is designed with student engagement in mind. We’ve taken a few proven strategies and built them into a framework that you can use to streamline the development of your online course.
The template created specifically for Carleton instructors is a great way to get a running start to building your course and facilitating it in a way that will foster student learning and save you time.
This workshop will walk you through customizing and populating the online template for your course, as well as include a discussion of strategies and practices that you can utilize to structure your course in an organized, accessible and engaging way.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify the pedagogical functionality of the various elements of the template
- Customize and populate the blocks and content areas to meet students’ needs in your course
- Load the template into your course
- Explain and describe to your students how to navigate and successfully engage with your online course
- Self-enroll in the Course Design Express Template Sample.
- Open and review the Quick Guides (see attachments below) included in the templates.
- Ensure you have access to a course webpage (either your upcoming course or your development course). If you would like a development course (practice course) created for you, please fill out the cuLearn Course Creation Request Form.
- Quick Guide – How to use the cuLearn course template
- Quick Guide – How to change course format and colours
- Quick Guide – Importing the cuLearn course template
Space is limited. Please register in advance by filling out the form below.