Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
Exploring Online Forums for Active Class Discussions
July 10, 2020 at 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Facilitators: Kim Loenhart (EDC), Renata Chiaradia (EDC)
Making space for online collaborative learning is more important than ever.
This workshop will examine the cuLearn Forum as a tool for building student engagement in your course. The Forum, also known as a Discussion Board, provides a way for students to collaborate with each other, with the instructor, and with the content. But how can you get the most out of this online activity for your course? Come join us to find out!
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Build student learning communities using the cuLearn Forum
- Integrate forums meaningfully into online assessment strategies and learning activities
- Create effective discussion prompts and encourage ongoing discussion throughout the semester
- Setup discussion groups and enable group forums for engagement opportunities
- Setup and structure the forum activity for use in your course
We hope you’ll join us!
This workshop will take place online. A web conferencing link will be emailed within 24-48 hours of the session.
Space is limited. Please register in advance by filling out the form below.