Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
How to Create Active and Engaging Learning Experiences with Zoom Breakout Rooms (Hosted by Contact North)
February 26, 2021 at 10:00 AM
Zoom’s breakout rooms provide a unique opportunity to learn to create active and engaging learning experiences for students.
Join Contact North | Contact Nord’s Research Associate, Dr. Ron Owston, who describes how educators can:
• Move beyond holding ineffective, unstructured breakout room discussions
• Create distinctive breakout room roles for students to promote active participation
• Employ a variety of tools and techniques to enhance breakout room experiences
• Pre-assign students to breakout rooms or allow them to chose their own
• Design creative ways for students to report breakout room outcomes to the whole class
• Make use of breakout rooms in large enrolment courses
Participants have ample opportunity to ask questions during the webinar.
NOTE: Registrants are expected to have a basic knowledge of how to use Zoom.
REGISTER HERE (please note this link takes you to an external website for registration)