Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
**CANCELLED** Introduction to cuLearn: Part 1 – The Basics
April 12, 2018 at 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
|Location:||422 Dunton Tower|
Facilitators: edTech Team (EDC)
cuLearn is Carleton’s learning management system and is a great tool for extending your classroom to the online environment. With cuLearn, you can post lecture slides, create discussion groups, upload readings or videos, accept online assignment submissions, create self-marking quizzes, send announcements to students, and post student grades. And these are just some of the many possible functions of this powerful tool.
So, what’s the best way to get started? Come to this introductory session for a hands-on tour of cuLearn. Learn how to navigate your way around your courses and how to set up your learning environment.
By the end of this session, you will know how to:
- Navigate cuLearn
- Post a welcome announcement for your students or send a welcome email
- Add instructor and course contact information
- Add course resources, such as a course outline and external URL links
- Add learning activities, such as discussion forums
- Add a TA or co-teacher
- Make your course visible to students
- Add or remove blocks in your course page
- Set up your gradebook and grade columns (depending on available time)
This session is intended for participants who are just starting out in cuLearn with beginner-level or early developing learners. Please bring your own laptop. A limited number of Mac and PC laptops will be available for use.
Space is limited. Please register in advance by filling out the form below.