Introduction to cuLearn
December 13, 2017 at 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
|Location:||422 Dunton Tower|
Facilitators: Kim Loenhart (EDC), Elspeth McCulloch (EDC), Tamara Vaughan (EDC)
Whether you are new to Carleton or a seasoned instructor looking to change up your course, cuLearn is a great tool for extending your classroom. With cuLearn you can post lecture slides, create discussion groups, upload extra readings or videos, accept online assignment submissions, create self-marking quizzes, send announcements to students, and share student grades. And these are just some of the many possible functions of this powerful tool.
Come to our introductory session for a hands-on tour of Carleton’s learning management system. By the end of this session, you will know how to:
- Navigate cuLearn
- Post a welcome announcement for your students
- Upload a personal profile and contact information
- Add course resources, such as a course outline and external URLs
- Setup and modify your course layout and design
- Add learning activities, such as lessons, discussions and quizzes
- Add a TA or co-teacher
- Make your course visible to students
- Set up your gradebook and grade columns (depending on available time)
This session is intended for participants with no or beginner-level knowledge of cuLearn. Please bring your own laptop to this workshop. We will have limited Mac and PC laptops available for use.
Space is limited, so please fill out the form below to register in advance.