Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
**CANCELLED** Introduction to cuLearn
December 13, 2017 at 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
|Location:||422 Dunton Tower|
Facilitators: Kim Loenhart (EDC), Elspeth McCulloch (EDC), Tamara Vaughan (EDC)
Whether you are new to Carleton or a seasoned instructor looking to change up your course, cuLearn is a great tool for extending your classroom. With cuLearn you can post lecture slides, create discussion groups, upload extra readings or videos, accept online assignment submissions, create self-marking quizzes, send announcements to students, and share student grades. And these are just some of the many possible functions of this powerful tool.
Come to our introductory session for a hands-on tour of Carleton’s learning management system. By the end of this session, you will know how to:
- Navigate cuLearn
- Post a welcome announcement for your students
- Upload a personal profile and contact information
- Add course resources, such as a course outline and external URLs
- Setup and modify your course layout and design
- Add learning activities, such as lessons, discussions and quizzes
- Add a TA or co-teacher
- Make your course visible to students
- Set up your gradebook and grade columns (depending on available time)
This session is intended for participants with no or beginner-level knowledge of cuLearn. Please bring your own laptop to this workshop. We will have limited Mac and PC laptops available for use.