Introduction to cuLearn: Basics for Beginners
August 25, 2020 at 2:00 PM to 4:30 PM
Facilitators: Kim Loenhart (EDC), Saafi Warsame (EDC)
cuLearn is Carleton’s learning management system and is a great tool for building an engaging online environment. With cuLearn, you can share your syllabus and lecture slides, create discussion groups, upload readings or videos, accept online assignment submissions, create self-marking quizzes, send announcements to students, and post student grades. And these are just some of the many possible functions of this powerful tool!
So, what’s the best way to get started? Come to this introductory session to find out!
By the end of this session, you will know how to:
- Navigate cuLearn
- Setup an engaging environment for your students
- Post a welcome announcement to your class or send a welcome email
- Add instructor and course contact information
- Add course resources, such as a course outline and external URL links
- Add learning activities, such as discussion forums
- Add a TA or co-teacher
- Make your course visible to students
- Add or remove blocks in your course page
- Set up your gradebook and grade columns (depending on available time)This session is intended for participants who are just starting out in cuLearn with beginner-level or early-developing skills.
NOTE: This session will be hosted online in Zoom. The workshop will be recorded to provide asynchronous access to those who cannot attend the session.
Space is limited. Please register in advance by filling out the form below.