Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
Introduction to cuLearn Gradebook
August 27, 2020 at 2:00 PM to 4:30 PM
Facilitators: Kim Loenhart (EDC), Saafi Warsame (EDC)
The cuLearn gradebook is a powerful source of feedback for your students. From displaying grades, to providing important text based comments, to calculating students’ final marks, the Gradebook is a major source of communication with your students about their progress in the course. Come learn the basics of the gradebook, gradebook setup, and some of the capabilities you can put to work for you. In this session, we’ll talk about navigating the interface, configuring key settings, and maximizing functionality to make teaching easier and your course more effective.
By the end of this session, you will know how to:
- Navigate the gradebook and its tabs
- Add a grade item: manual and activity based
- Add grade categories: basic and complex
- Configure max grades and weights
- Control the visibility of grade items and grade categories
- Change grade input type (i.e. letter, scale, point) and grade display types
- Input grades and text feedback
- Import into and export grades out of the gradebook
- Exclude grades and setup grade overrides
- Access the student view to see what’s visible/invisible to students
This technical session is intended for participants who are new to cuLearn gradebook with beginner-level or early-developing skills, and/or for those who simply want a gradebook refresher. The focus will be on building technical understanding using screen sharing demonstrations. A basic knowledge of cuLearn is required to get the most out of this session–good pre-requisites would be the “Introduction to cuLearn: Basics for Beginners” or “A Tour of cuLearn Tools” workshops.
NOTE: This workshop will be hosted online in Zoom and will be recorded to provide asynchronous access to those who cannot attend the scheduled session.
Space is limited. Please register in advance by filling out the form below.