Introduction to cuLearn
August 18, 2017 at 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM
|Location:||422 Dunton Tower|
Facilitators: Elspeth McCulloch (EDC), Tamara Vaughan (EDC), Kim Loenhart (EDC)
Whether you are new to Carleton or a seasoned instructor looking to change up your course, cuLearn is a great tool for extending your classroom. With cuLearn, you can post lecture slides, create discussion groups, upload extra readings or videos, accept online assignment submissions, create self-marking quizzes, send announcements to students, and share student grades. And these are just some of the many possible functions.
Come to our introductory session for a hands-on tour of Carleton’s learning management system to learn how to navigate cuLearn and set up your course.
By the end of this session, you will know how to:
- Navigate cuLearn
- Post a welcome announcement for your students
- Upload a personal profile and contact information
- Add course resources, such as a course outline and external URL links
- Set up and modify your course layout and design
- Add learning activities, such as lessons, discussions and quizzes
- Add a TA or co-teacher
- Make your course visible to students
- Set up your gradebook and grade columns (depending on available time)
This session is intended for participants with none or beginner-level knowledge of cuLearn. Bring your own laptop or use one of ours.
Please fill out the form below to register.