Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
Working with your TA in an Online Environment
July 8, 2020 at 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM
Facilitator: Samantha Shortt (EDC)
The transition from face-to-face teaching to online delivery requires a significant re-think and re-design of your course(s). The shift to online has been quick and has brought many questions to the forefront. What does my course look like in an online environment? Where do I as the instructor fit in? What educational tech tools should I use? New approaches to teaching can mean new roles for TAs as too. Historically TAs have performed such duties as: grading assignments and exams, running tutorials, attending lectures, and conducting labs.
In this session, we will explore:
- Specific role(s) teaching assistants’ can play in online course delivery, including building student engagement and motivation
- Factors to consider when i) designing your course and ii) assigning duties to your TA(s)
- Strategies to build a strong relationship between instructor and TA
- Stages of TA professional development
- Training required and resources available at the EDC
Space is limited. Please register in advance by filling out the form below.