Zoom for Brightspace
April 15, 2021 at 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM
Zoom is an enterprise-wide, videoconferencing system at Carleton, directly accessible within Brightspace. Zoom accounts are available to all faculty, TAs, and students. When you use Zoom in Brightspace, you’ll be able to setup meetings, configure your room settings, record your meetings, and easily add zoom links throughout your course. We’ll explore all that and more in this Ed Tech workshop. Come and join us to see what’s possible for sychronous course meetings and teaching.
In this online session, we will:
- Explore how Zoom and Brightspace work together
- Demonstrate the configuration of Zoom account settings
- Set up and customize Zoom meetings in Brightspace modules
- Edit meeting settings inside Brightspace
- Explore how to access and share meeting information
- Demonstrate how to retrieve meeting data, such as recordings and attendance
- Review key resources and supports available for teaching and learning
This live, online session is intended for beginners who are relatively new to Brightspace and ready to build their first course. We recommend that all workshop participants take Brightspace Basics prior to this session and review the 8 minute video introduction to Brightspace. The session will be hosted in Zoom and will be recorded to provide asynchronous access. We look forward to exploring Carleton’s new Zoom integration in Brightspace with you.
Space is limited. Please register in advance by filling out the form below.