Certificate in University Teaching
The Certificate in University Teaching program is designed for faculty and instructors to further develop their understanding of pedagogy and to enhance their teaching skills. The sessions that will give instructors an opportunity to:
- Explore traditional and innovative forms of instructional delivery
- Develop a framework to help design class lectures and activities
- Identify ways to enhance student engagement in their classes
- Receive feedback from course facilitators and participants
- Benefit from in-depth conversations with fellow colleagues
- Arrange for individual consultation throughout the year with facilitators
Each of the sessions will include a presentation and learning activities that reflect a particular theme. Specific themes for the program will include:
- Planning effective instruction
- Exploring teaching methodologies
- Building effective assessment practices
- Managing the dynamics of both small and large classes
- Integrating various aspects of technology into courses
- Addressing issues of student diversity
- Examining issues around the evaluation of classroom teaching
The goal of the program is to provide participants with a safe and supportive environment to enhance their appreciation of sound pedagogy, strengthen their teaching skills and explore new approaches to instruction. Together these three areas will contribute to helping you become more efficient, effective and confident in enhancing the learning environment for your students.
Fall 2017 Cohort
The fall cohort will run on Wednesdays from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. beginning September 20 and ending November 22. The sessions will all take place in room 422 Dunton Tower.
Space is limited, so register today by filling out the form below.
*Attendance is a critical component of this program, however, we do offer some flexibility. If you anticipate missing one of the dates indicated, please contact us before registering at firstname.lastname@example.org.*
Sorry, this cohort is full. If you'd like to be placed on the wait list, please email email@example.com or call 613-520-4433.