As a part of Carleton University’s legislative requirement to inform workers of specific health and safety information in the workplace, the Environmental Health and Safety Office has established the Health and Safety Board Program.
The program consists of standardized Health and Safety Boards dedicated to the posting of health and safety information. As part of this program periodic reviews are made by Environmental Health and Safety to ensure required information is present and current.
If you observe that a Health and Safety Board contains outdated or missing information, please notify the Environmental Health and Safety Office.
Health and Safety Board Postings
Health and Safety Board postings include the following:
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Board Poster- In Case of Injury at Work (Form 82)
- Health & Safety at Work – Prevention Starts Here Poster
- Environmental Health and Safety Policy
- Workplace Violence Prevention Policy
- Workplace Harassment Prevention Policy
- Occupational Health and Safety (reference information)
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Board – Annual Statistics Summary
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System – Symbols Poster
- Joint Health and Safety Committee Member List
- Minutes from JHSC meetings
- First Aid Certificate Holders List
- Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission License (as required)
- And will include timely or issue specific information
Safety Board Locations
The legislation requires that notices be posted in conspicuous locations in the workplace where the information is readily accessible by all workers. Therefore health and safety boards have been located in public or common areas such as building hallways and lobbies.
The list of Health and Safety Board locations is maintained by the Environmental Health and Safety Office and is found here.