What You'll Need
Please ensure that you have the following school supplies ready for when classes start:
- All Engineering students need to have a laptop – the minimum recommended specifications are:
Intel i5 or AMD A10 processor;
8GB of RAM; and
256 GB SSD hard drive
wireless networking (wifi)
camera, mic, and audio.
Note: Students enrolled in the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering programs (Aerospace, Mechanical, Biomedical and Mechanical, and Sustainable and Renewable Energy – Stream B) will require a dedicated graphics card with at least 2 GB of dedicated memory, such as the NVIDIA GTX 1050 or higher, to support graphics-intensive design software used in upper-year courses.
- Calculator – non-programmable scientific
- Agenda and/or planner and a monthly calendar for writing out due dates, test dates, and reminders of tasks for each day/week
- Binders and some loose leaf and graphing paper (whichever you prefer)
- If you plan to print slides to add in your lecture notes, a printer and ink
- Pencil case filled with mechanical pencils, eraser, pens, highlighters, post-it’s, ruler, and geometry set
- Download the Carleton Mobile app
- Microsoft 365: free from Carleton ITS
What you need know about what your professors, classmates and the University expectations of you; as well as what you can expect from your first year engineering experience.