Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
Graduate Studies “Boot Camp” for Prospective Students
November 10, 2017 at 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
The Faculty of Engineering and Design at Carleton University invites senior undergraduate students interested in pursuing graduate studies in engineering, architecture, industrial design, or information technology to a special one-day “Boot Camp” workshop for prospective applicants on Friday, November 10, 2017 from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
This event is open to all senior undergraduate students in the 2017/2018 academic year and will take place at the Minto Centre for Advanced Studies in Engineering on Carleton’s main campus in Ottawa.
Expenses for successful workshop applicants (including travel and accommodations) will be covered by the Faculty of Engineering and Design on a first come, first served basis. Meals will be provided at no cost.
By participating in this event, you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about the Faculty of Engineering and Design’s exciting graduate programs and research opportunities.
- Gain key insight regarding Carleton’s graduate evaluation and admission process.
- Learn about Carleton University funding and scholarship opportunities for graduate studies.
- Meet with Carleton faculty and students who share your research interests.
- Tour Carleton University’s campus, including the Faculty of Engineering and Design’s state-of-the-art laboratories and facilities.
To be considered for this event, you must:
- Be enrolled as a senior undergraduate student at a Canadian or U.S. University (in the 2017-18 academic year)
- Have a minimum GPA of 9.0 (or equivalent)
- Have interest in pursuing a graduate degree in engineering, architecture, industrial design, or information technology
- Be available for a full-day workshop on Friday, November 10, 2017
- Submit an unofficial copy of your transcript
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Successful applicants will be notified by Friday, October 13, 2017.
- Attendees may arrive the day prior to the event, on Thursday, November 9, 2017 (additional information will be provided to successful applicants).
Carleton University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within its community as a source of excellence, cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome applications from all who are interested in attending this event, including: women; visible minorities; First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples; persons with disabilities; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expressions.
If you require additional information of have specific questions regarding this event, please contact Betty Zahalan, Office of Associate Dean of Research and Graduate Studies, at email@example.com.