PhD Info Day – Engineering and Design
March 2, 2018 at 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
The Faculty of Engineering and Design at Carleton University is inviting senior Master’s students (and graduates) interested in pursuing a PhD in engineering, architecture or information technology to Ottawa for a special one-day information session and workshop for prospective applicants on Friday, March 2, 2018 from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
All senior master’s students (currently in the final year of their program), as well as Master’s graduates who have completed their degree in a relevant field are encouraged to apply to attend this event.
Non-local students/graduates who meet academic requirements may qualify for expense coverage (including travel and accommodations) to attend on a first come, first served basis. Meals will also be provided at no cost for approved attendees.
By participating in this event, you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about the Faculty of Engineering and Design’s exciting PhD programs and research opportunities.
- Gain key insight regarding Carleton’s PhD evaluation and admission process.
- Learn about Carleton University funding and scholarship opportunities for PhD studies.
- Meet with Carleton faculty and students who share your research interests.
- Tour Carleton University’s campus, including the Faculty of Engineering and Design’s state-of-the-art laboratories and facilities.
To be considered for this event, you must:
- Be enrolled as a senior Master’s student at a Canadian University during in the 2017-18 academic year or hold a Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Be of high academic standing (all applicants must submit an unofficial copy of their transcript and may be asked to provide supporting documentation)
- Have a genuine interest in pursuing a PhD in engineering, architecture or information technology at Carleton University
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living within Canada
- Be available to attend our full-day information session and workshop on Friday, March 2, 2018
- Applicants who qualify for expense coverage will be notified no later than by Monday, February 12, 2018.
- Non-local attendees will be invited to arrive the day prior to the event, on Thursday, March 1, 2018. Additional information will be provided to applicants who qualify for expense coverage.
Carleton University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within its community as a source of excellence, cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome applications from all who are interested in attending this event, including: women; visible minorities; First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples; persons with disabilities; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expressions.
If you require additional information of have specific questions regarding this event, please contact our Graduate Studies Administrator at email@example.com.