GTA Open House – Explore Carleton University Engineering and Design
On November 18, 2017, Carleton University’s Faculty of Engineering and Design will be hosting an open house information session from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm in the Greater Toronto Area at the Mississauga Living Arts Centre. This annual event provides prospective students in the GTA with the opportunity to learn more about Carleton’s Engineering and Design programs even if they are unable to travel to our nation’s capital. Parents are also invited to attend.
Explore Everything there is to know about Engineering and Design at Carleton!
- Network with current engineering students, faculty and staff.
- Explore the programs that interest you most.
- See amazing student projects and demos.
- Learn about campus life and living in Ottawa.
- Hear more about exciting co-op and job opportunities in engineering and design.
Saturday, November 18, 2017
10:00 am – 2:00 pm (Open House – Visit us any time!)
Living Arts Centre
4141 Living Arts Drive, Mississauga, ON L5B 4B8
- Complimentary refreshments and lunch provided (for registered guests)
- Free parking
- Limited capacity
Amazing Door Prizes to be Won!
- Prizes will be drawn at 1:00 pm in the Smart Centres Atrium.
9:00 am – Special breakfast for female prospective students – LIVE Restaurant
10:00 am – Open House begins in Smart Centres Atrium
10:30 am – Welcome address by Interim Dean of the Faculty of Engineering and Design
10:45 am AND 11:45 am – Program Presentations (break-out sessions):
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Systems and Computer Engineering
- Architectural Studies
- Industrial Design
- Information Technology
12:30 pm – Lunch – Smart Centres Atrium
1:00 – 2:00 pm – Demonstrations of student projects (including Carleton’s Motion Capture System), networking with current students and faculty members – Smart Centres Atrium
Special Breakfast for Female Prospective Students
A special breakfast exclusively for female prospective students (and their parents) will also be hosted from 9:00 – 10:00 am at LIVE Restaurant (1st Floor, Living Arts Centre), offering the chance to hear from outstanding guest speakers and talk one-on-one with female professors and current students, along with alumnae who have gone on to lead rewarding careers.
For questions regarding this event’s program and presentations, please contact Karina Karmakar at: firstname.lastname@example.org