Carleton University is host to students, staff, and faculty from various racial, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds. The University has made a commitment to fostering social responsibility and respect in a community rich with diverse cultures, faiths, and world views. More on Carleton University’s Anti-Racism and Ethnocultural Relations…..
Equity Services is entrusted with the following responsibilities:
- Communicate and implement Carleton University Human Rights Policies and Procedures.
- Work with University administrators in the implementation of equity and inclusion at all levels of the university.
- In collaboration with various stakeholders, implement programs and activities that contribute to creating an environment that is free from prejudice, discrimination, and harassment.
- Provide education and training to faculty, staff, and students on human rights issues.
- Develop resources and implement projects that advance the goal of creating an inclusive anti-racist environment.
- Address policies and practices that, while not intentionally discriminatory, have a discriminatory effect.
- Provide an impartial service to address complaints of racial discrimination or harassment.