With respect to sexual orientation, Equity Services is entrusted with the following responsibilities:
- Communicate and implement Carleton University Human Rights Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure that every member of the University community is able to work, study, and live in an environment free from prejudice, discrimination, and harassment.
- Educate University administrators in the objectives and implementation of equity, accommodation, and non-discrimination policies.
- Provide education and training to faculty, staff, and students on human rights issues.
- Promote equity and accommodate diversity.
- Develop resources, projects, and programs to support the growth of an inclusive environment.
- Address policies and practices that, while not intentionally discriminatory, have a discriminatory effect.
- Provide an impartial service to address complaints of discrimination or harassment based on sexual orientation.