For more information on our Academic Coaching Program, please click here.
Below you will find information on:
Recruitment for the 2022-23 academic year has now begun. All of the following positions are subject to budgetary approval.
- Writing Coaches for Arts and Social Sciences
- To support students in ESP (and other CIE programs as required) taking Arts and Social Sciences courses.
- Business Coach for Economics and Business
- To support ESP students taking first-year Business and Economics courses.
- Computer Science/Math Coach
- To support ESP students taking first-year Computer Science and Math courses.
- Chemistry/Math Coach
- To support ESP students taking first-year Chemistry and Math courses.
The deadline for applications has been extended to April 28, 2022 at 11.59 p.m.
For information on qualifications and the job description please click here.
The ESP Academic Coaching Program is a proud partner with Carleton University’s ACT to Employ. We encourage students with disabilities to apply to this position. For more information on ACT to Employ, students can contact Jenna Lambert.
If you are interested in applying for a position as an Academic Coach, please complete the following steps:
- Read over our job description
- Prepare your resume (one to two pages)
- Create your cover letter (one to two pages), making sure to include the follow information:
- What experiences have you had helping others learn (both academically and non-academically). Be specific.
- What personal qualities and skills do you have that would make you a strong academic coach?
- How would this position potentially support your future academic and career goals?
- Collect contact information for one academic reference and one employment reference
- Select a recently marked academic paper that you believe represents your academic strengths with the graders’ comments and the grade
- NOTE: If you are applying for a position as a Computer Science/Math Coach or Chemistry/Math Coach, this is not required
- Download your unofficial transcript or academic record from Carleton Central. Please note that CGPA and course grades will be verified by CIE staff
- Complete our online application form by no later than April 28, 2022 @ 11:59 p.m.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will take place in late April and early May 2022.
Please contact Academic.Coaching@carleton.ca.