Police Record Checks for Fall Orientation Volunteers
Fall Orientation Participation
In order to participate in Fall Orientation, you will a Vulnerable Sector Check. This can be done through your local police station. Please note, if you do not have your Police Record Check (PRC) completed by Fall Orientation Week there will be NO EXCEPTIONS, and you will be unable to participate in the program this year.
Ottawa Police Record Check Services
The Ottawa Police Record Check Services has moved to an online system. You can either have your PRC emailed to you (in .pdf) form or mailed to you. While we prefer a mailed copy, we will accept a digital copy of your PRC. It is your responsibility to print out and bring in your digital copy, we will NOT print your digital PRC for you. You can still get your Police Record Check processed in person ONLY at the Queensview Location (2670 Queensview Drive).
Leaving Ottawa for the Summer
- If you plan on leaving Ottawa for the summer, you will need to complete your Police Record Check in your home district.
- If you are returning home to Toronto for the summer, you can submit this Toronto Police Record Check form PDF to submit your letter. There is a processing fee at Toronto Police Services.
- Please note, you MUST print the Toronto Police Record Check form in 8.5×14 (Legal size) for it to be accepted by the Toronto Police Records Office.
- Click here for the Online Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check to fill out. This page also outlines what a vulnerable sectors check is and how to fill out the online form.
- Click here for the Ottawa Volunteer Letter PDF. This letter allows your Police Record Check to be processed at an Ottawa Police station (if you are staying in Ottawa for the summer).
To Complete a Police Record Check in Ottawa:
I’ve received my PRC, what do I do?
If you are a Facilitator or Manager, please keep your Police Record Check until Orientation Volunteer Training which will be held on Friday, August 31, 2018 and is mandatory for all volunteers. You will be exchanging your Police Record Check for your volunteer jersey.
If you are a Team Leader (Head Facilitator, Vice Head Facilitator, Head Raven, Raven, President, Vice President, or a Board of Director) you will be exchanging your Police Record Check for your volunteer jersey at Team Leader Orientation Volunteer Training, which will be held on Thursday, August 30, 2018.
If you have any questions about your Police Record Check, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.