Excellence Canada is an organization based in Toronto that provides strategic focus and direction for Canadian organizations to achieve excellence.
They certify and award organizations who meet the criteria for excellence.
5 things about Excellence Canada:
- Founded in 1992 by Industry Canada, Excellence Canada is an independent, not-for-profit, organization.
- His Excellency, the Right Honourable David Johnston, the Governor General of Canada, is the Patron of the Awards.
- As Canada’s national authority on Quality and Healthy Workplace® practices, Excellence Canada has created a uniquely Canadian model, providing measurable standards for all Canadian organizations.
- They offer six different categories for which an organization may choose to be certified under the Progressive Excellence Program (PEP)– two of which Carleton is currently perusing (Excellence, Innovation and Wellness and Healthy Workplace).
- The 2013 Performance Excellence Summit & CAE will be taking place at the end of the month in Toronto – and Carleton will be there!
We are excited that the Finance and Administration Division is pursuing Excellence Canada’s Excellence, Innovation and Wellness standard certification – and that we are the first university to do so.