As on-campus activity increases and travel and in-person events resume, please be reminded of the following policies when planning and/or making purchasing decisions:
- Hospitality and Working Meal Expenses policy:
- Invoices or reimbursements for alcohol expenses cannot be charged to the university, unless pre-approved by the VP Finance & Administration under exceptional circumstances.
- For major events where the service of alcohol is deemed necessary, a Request for Provision of Alcohol at Events form must be submitted to the Vice-President (Finance & Administration) prior to the event.
- Cash bars are allowed at university-funded events and do not require approval of the Vice-President (Finance & Administration)
- Any event covered by university operating funds that is expected to cost more than $2,500 must be pre-approved in writing by someone in a role senior to the host of the event.
- Itemized receipts must be provided as supporting documentation – credit card slips are not sufficient.
- A list of attendees and their affiliation must be provided for both events and working meals.
- Travel and Related Expenses policy:
- Infrequent travelers (two or less trips during the previous fiscal year) must obtain written pre-approval from their immediate supervisor.
- University Funded Gifts, Recognition and Donations policy:
- Gift cards cannot be given to employees.
- Procurement policy:
- Purchases of goods or services over $10,000 require additional steps prior to committing to the preferred vendor.
If you have questions about the first three polices, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding the Food Services or Procurement policies, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you for helping to ensure that the university is operating in accordance with governing legislation and Canada Revenue Agency regulations.