New to Carleton? Making sense of Carleton’s financial landscape with an emphasis on research.
- The number that identifies funding sources is called a FOAPAL. Click here to learn more.
- The first A in FOAPAL stands for account. At other institutions, accounts may be referred to as expense codes. Click here for a list of common accounts for research.
- Getting Started; A high level overview of how to spend and track funding sources.
- Paying a student or research assistant
- Tools/Support related to the following financial systems: