Welcome to the Unpaid Work Placements website.
This website provides important instructions for Carleton University students, faculty and staff regarding unpaid work placements.
As part of the educational experience, students have opportunities for external experiential learning. These may include – but are not limited to – internships, work terms, practicums, mentored entrepreneurial opportunities and service learning in volunteer settings. Carleton University wants to ensure that our students have a safe and enjoyable experience while participating in an unpaid placement.
Click on the following link(s) if …
- you are a faculty member
- you are a student registered in a course with an unpaid placement as a requirement
- you are a student participating in an unpaid work placement NOT required by your course
- you are a student who has been injured during your unpaid work placement
- you are a departmental co-ordinator
- you’d like additional resources