If a student has been injured while on an unpaid placement, the following steps must be completed ….

  • Step 1: The student should report the injury immediately to their work placement supervisor.  The workplace supervisor should complete a WSIB Form 7.
  • Step 2: The student should inform Carleton University’s Tony Lackey, Director of Risk and Insurance and their departmental co-ordinator of the injury.  Upon receipt of notification of injury, the Director of Risk and Insurance will provide instructions on how to proceed.