In April 2013, the Strategic Plan for Embedding Sustainability into Carleton University Operations was approved – representing one of the most ambitious action plans in Canada to reduce a university’s environmental footprint.
The plan sets forth 5 recommendations:
- Develop a Green Revolving Fund.
- Create a multi-stakeholder sustainability advisory committee on campus operations.
- Develop a Green Team program across campus.
- Measure progress and evaluate programs.
- Conduct public consultation and engage the community.
In addition, the plan covers a number of priority areas for implementing sustainability.
Learn more about sustainability at Carleton and the people who are working to create a greener campus.