This year, Carleton University will update its Campus Master Plan. The plan provides a vision for the future development of the physical campus, in alignment with Carleton’s Strategic Integrated Plan and associated strategies and operational plans.
Carleton is working with consultant Brook McIlroy (BMI) and over the coming months, there will be opportunities for faculty, staff and students to provide their ideas and input to help shape the 2022 Campus Master Plan. It is essential that the revised plan reflects how the campus supports the academic mission of the university, as well as the needs of faculty, staff and students.
The Campus Master Plan document will help the university identify and prioritize improvements to the campus including but not limited to:
- Sustainability and climate change adaptation
- Streetscapes and paths across campus
- Future capital development projects and identification of new sites
- Renovations or expansions to existing buildings
- Urban design elements to improve safety, accessibility, and wayfinding
- Opportunities for Indigenous and cultural placemaking
- Guidance for built-form massing and integration with open space
A dedicated website will be the home for all information related to the update of the Campus Master Plan.
It’s an exciting opportunity for the faculty, staff and students to influence the future vision of the Carleton campus