- Knezevic is an outstanding and generous role model who is highly regarded by every graduate student in the department….Dr. Knezevic’s genuine compassion and passion for teaching is obvious, and demonstrated by her intense and obvious dedication to student learning and achievement.
- I looked forward to her class each week because it was not only practical, but she encouraged discussion, debate and listened to all points of view.
- She embodied the essence of this award. It is true that she transforms her graduate students’ lives for the better….She is not only an asset to the department, but the rarest of gems who has transformed me to become a better researcher and a thoughtful graduate student.
- Irena will walk through fire to see her students excel professionally by connecting to valuable conferences, events and job postings.
- She made me feel heard, understood and worth investing in.
Professor Knezevic’s most recent book is entitled Nourishing Communities: From Fractured Food Systems to Transformative Pathways, published by Springer Publishers in New York.