Take photos during your international experience!
Whether you are traveling abroad for your studies, an internship, or a summer job, we want your photos of the place where you studied!
Get snapping on your travels to win a prize! The contest closes September 13, 2020.
Choose from the categories below:
- Spirit of FPA: Share a photo of an experience that captures the mission of our Faculty: to help build better society, better democracy, foster informed citizenship and address regional and global challenges.
- Living Local: We want to see your best photos that capture the culture, the places, and people in the country where you visited…and the ways you interacted with them.
- Friends and Fun: Share the photos that speak to friendship and the fun adventures you experienced. It could be a group photo, a portrait of a new friend or an action shot.
- Picture Perfect: Show us the beauty and splendor of the place you studied, worked or volunteered and send us your most amazing photo. Maybe it’s a gorgeous landscape, stunning sunset or spectacular view of the city.
- In Action: Share a picture of you learning, working or researching during your international educational experience.
A judged competition and people’s choice competition will take place in Fall 2020.
The Grand Prize winner of the people’s choice will receive $150 credit on your campus card.
There will also be five prizes of a $50 campus card credit (one for each category as selected by the judges).
To be eligible photos must have been taken on a Carleton international experience (including, but not limited to alternative spring break, exchange, international internships (GINS or IPAF 3900/3901), Carleton course abroad) that occurred between September 2019 and August 2020. Photos and captions must not contain vulgar language, nudity, or illegal activities. We reserve the right to disqualify photos for any reason. Group photos are allowed and encouraged. All of those in the photograph must agree to the contest rules and terms.
Submitted images will be judged on adherence to theme, technical execution, and artistic merit. Bonus points will be awarded for Carleton and/or Ravens logos if appearing in your photo.
All photos will become the property of Carleton University. By entering the contest, you agree to the use of your photo for educational marketing purposes by the Faculty of Public Affairs and Carleton University.