Spend a day at Carleton University with one of the Faculty of Public Affairs (FPA) student ambassadors. You will learn more about the experience of university students firsthand by attending class, enjoying a complimentary lunch at the Caf, learning more about our campus, and getting acquainted with the unique resources available for students in FPA programs.
Winter 2020 Classes
- Communication and Media Studies 1002: Current Issues in Communication and Media – offered Fridays 8:00 – 12:00 pm, optional campus tour from 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Criminology and Criminal Justice 2100: Criminological Theories – offered Mondays 1:30 – 6:00 pm, optional campus tour from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Economics 1002: Introduction to Macroeconomics – offered Tuesdays 9:30 am – 12:30 pm, optional campus tour from 2:00 – 4:00 pm
- European, Russian and Eurasian Studies 2002: Europe and Russia in the World – offered Tuesdays 1:30 – 5:00 pm, optional campus tour from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Global and International Studies 2000: Globalization and Ethics – offered Tuesdays or Thursdays 3:00 – 6:00 pm, optional campus tour from 2:00 – 4:00 pm with lunch starting before at 1:00 pm.
- Journalism: Foundations of Journalism – offered Thursdays 10:30 am – 2:00 pm, optional campus tour from 2:00 – 4:00 pm
- Law and Legal Studies 1001: Introduction to Legal Studies – offered Wednesdays 11:00 – 2:30 pm, optional campus tour from 2:00 – 4:00 pm
- Media Production and Design 1002: Introduction to Storytelling – offered Fridays 8:00 am – 12:30 pm , optional campus tour from 2:00 – 4:00 pm
- Political Science 2602: International Relations: Global Political Economy – offered Mondays 11:30 am – 3:30 pm
- Public Affairs and Policy Management 2000: The Policy Cycle – offered Thursdays 9:00 am – 12:30 pm, optional campus tour from 2:00 – 4:00pm
- Social Work 2005: Values and Ethics – offered Mondays mid-day timing TBC
Registration is now closed.
At Carleton University, we recognize and respect the importance of privacy. Personal information that we collect is kept confidential. In accordance with section 41 of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Carleton University will only use the information in its custody or control in the following circumstances: where the individual identifies the particular information and consents to its use; for the purpose for which it was collected or a consistent purpose (i.e. a purpose which the individual might have reasonably expected). Please read our full Privacy Notice at admissions.carleton.ca/privacy.
This is an opportunity for prospective students from Canada. International applicants may apply and attend if they will be visiting Ottawa, but visas will not be provided for this activity.