THE ROYAL OTTAWA HEALTH CARE GROUP
NOTICE OF UNION POSITION VACANT – OPSEU
APPLICANTS WHO ARE NOT IN THE BARGAINING UNIT WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED AFTER BARGAINING UNIT APPLICANTS
Date Posted: August 15th, 2017
Position: Temporary Part-Time (0.40 FTE), Program Research Assistant
Contract End Date October 26th, 2018
Program: Forensic Treatment Unit
Location: Brockville Mental Health Centre
- Research project implementation Liaise with research collaborators, research team members, Research Ethics Board staff, Institute grants, contracts and finance staff, study sponsors and/or regulatory bodies
- Operate within established research protocol and under specific instructions as to method, process, and technique to perform or assist with routine tests, experiments and/or procedures relevant to the study
- Establish and coordinate logistical arrangements for research participants and recruitment activities, as appropriate to the study
- Recruit, instruct, and coordinate research participants, as appropriate to specific study objectives
- Ensure the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of research and data collection activities
- Collect, process, and coordinate data, samples, and/or specimens for research projects
- Assist in monitoring the progress of research activities and preparation of reports, as required by investigators, administrators, funding agencies, and/or regulatory bodies
- Organize and facilitate meetings, conferences and other events associated with research activities, as required
- Coordinating, editing, and assisting in drafting grant applications, abstracts, manuscripts, journal presentations, journal articles, letters to the editor, reports, and research protocols.
- Assisting researchers with literature searches of various literature databases and using established or developing appropriate search criteria.
- Assisting researchers to ensure compliance with scientific review and research ethics processes; completing relevant application forms and obtaining required signatures
- Maintaining a database of bibliographic references using appropriate software.
- Work in a manner that is in compliance with staff and patient/client safety practices, policies and procedures of The Royal.
- Ensure a work environment that is conducive to The Royal Respectful Workplace policy.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in Psychology or related discipline is preferred OR 2+ years experience in a clinical research environment OR a combination of relevant education and experience
- Specific clinical education, certification and/or licensure requirements may exist for individual positions in this classification
- Previous experience in clinical research including subject recruitment is an asset
- Bilingual (French and English) is an asset and may be mandatory dependent on research unit/team requirements
Salary Range: $22.14 to $31.19 hourly
- All applicants must provide a recent resume that clearly indicate that they meet the required qualifications.
- Please apply through http://www.theroyal.ca/website. The position will remain open until filled.
- The Royal sincerely thanks all applicants for their interest in a career with us; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- All new hires will be required to obtain a Criminal Records Check as a pre-condition of employment.