Starting May 11th and until Friday June 18th, Faculty members of the Department of French will provide drop-in oral support (conversation, discussion activities; group or individual depending on who drops in). This service is available for all currently registered students in FREN classes, no matter what level. Meetings will happen on Zoom; the link and the schedule are available on the page.
There are two ways to find the page:
- Through the following link https://brightspace.carleton.ca/d2l/home/54722
- Through the “Discover” option on the Brightspace homepage by looking up key words in the page title “FRENCH – Services de soutien/Support Services”
Once you reach the page, click “Enroll in Course”. This page will then be accessible from the “Student Support” tab of the Brightspace homepage (which will appear after the self-enrolment).
Don’t wait – self-enroll now!!
Who can I contact if I have questions?
If you have any questions, contact email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you in one or more of the services!
The Services de soutien team
What are the Services de soutien?
The services are free to use for all Carleton students and include:
- Soutien oral libre: a drop in, informal conversation group. This semester, we are offering tailored levels of drop-in oral support: one for FREN 1001-1002 students and one for FREN 1100+ students.
- Soutien oral individuel: one-on-one support for oral production. You should bring an assignment you are working on or have a specific issue/topic to work on. NOTE: this can be done in pairs/small groups if you are working with one (or several) partner(s) on an assignment. Only one person can register for the appointment, but all group members can attend the meeting.
- Soutien écrit: One-on-one support for written coursework. Remember to bring an assignment you are working on.