You can choose from two services, both geared to improving your oral French skills:
1. One-on-one sessions: (online)
- 40 minute appointment with a language assistant who will provide feedback to address specific issues.
- Student should have a project they are working on (exposé oral, situations formelles, examen oral des finissants, etc)
- NOTE: this can be done in pairs/small groups if you are working with one (or several) partner(s) on an assignment. Only one person can register for the appointment, but all group members can attend the meeting.
- By appointment (sign up online: https://frenchcarleton.simplybook.me/v2/#book).
2. Group conversations – (online and on campus)
- A drop in, informal conversation group, led by a language assistant.
- No appointment necessary (come for as long as you want, leave when you need).
- This semester, we are offering tailored levels of drop-in oral support: one for FREN 1001-1002 students and one for FREN 1100+ students.
3. Pratique examen oral des finissants
- Reserved to students in B.A. French who have to complete the French Proficiency Oral Exam.
- By appointment: https://frenchcarleton.simplybook.me/v2/#book.
The schedules and individual services are available on Brightspace and there are two ways to find the page:
- Through the following link: https://brightspace.carleton.ca/d2l/home/54722
- Through the “Discover” option on the Brightspace homepage by looking up key words in the page title “FRENCH – Services de soutien/Support Services”
Once you reach the page, click “Enroll in Course”. This page will then be accessible from the “Student Support” tab of the Brightspace homepage (which will appear after the self-enrolment).