INTENSIVE SECTIONS ONLY, WINTER 2017: 1002B, 1100C, 2100E
Instructions for online pre-course placement confirmation (listening and writing),
to be completed by January 4th, 2017.
- Open an account with VideoTech at video-tech.ca
- If necessary, you can change the site language between French and English at the top right-hand corner of the landing page, but we hope you’ll take the challenge of keeping it in French!
- Click on « Créer un compte d’étudiant » or “create a student account” at the bottom left corner of the landing page
- Fill out all parameters using your first name (prénom), your last name (nom), your Carleton email address and your Carleton Student ID. Make sure to enter your email address correctly, or you will not be able to activate your account.
- Your password must be 6 characters long, numbers or special characters are welcome but they are not necessary. Make note of your password so that you do not forget it.
- Click « Envoyer » or “Submit”
- Visit your Carleton Email account to receive your confirmation email from « firstname.lastname@example.org». If the email is not in your inbox, check your junk or spam folder. If you cannot find it anywhere, you may have entered your email address incorrectly during sign-up, and you will need to repeat the process.
- From your confirmation email, click on the activation link, or return to video-tech.ca/activate_account.php and enter the activation code that you received. You will then be prompted to enter your password.
- You are now registered with Video-Tech and can log in to the site.
- Once logged in, click on «se joindre à un cours» or “join a course.” from the left-hand column.
- Enter the following course code:
- We recommend that you type the code manually, as copy & paste is not reliable across all OS and browser versions.
- You are now registered in YOURCOURSE: Dictée pré-cours and you can now complete your pre-course assessment.